You can learn more about Signal Outdoors by downloading our guide here.
Signal Outdoors exists at the crossroads of outdoor policy and communications, with Washington, D.C. serving as basecamp.
Our fully integrated practice group Signal Outdoors represents a diverse cross-section of nonprofits, companies, coalitions, and causes that focus on public lands, conservation, ocean protection, climate, sustainability, equity, renewable energy, and outdoor recreation policy. We partner with clients looking to advance policies for future generations and provide everyone with opportunities to discover the outdoors.
With a bipartisan team that has senior-level experience in conservation and outdoor recreation, Signal Outdoors represents the most trusted companies, coalitions, and organizations that are focused on expanding access, economic impact, and equity in the outdoors.
Our team’s diverse skill sets and expertise help us navigate various terrains across a range of conservation focus areas. With decades of collective experience on Capitol Hill serving on committees such as the U.S. House Natural Resources Committee and U.S. Department of Agriculture and in Presidential administrations combined with our established media connections across industries, we bring a deep knowledge of conservation and environmental policy to the table.
Through our reputation with the environmental community, government leaders, news media and other stakeholders, we provide unmatched client service and execute public affairs strategies that will elevate the important work you do.
We integrate communications, digital, and public affairs to create a strategic roadmap that helps our clients light the fire under important issues to make an impact on policy discussions and drive narratives in the media across different platforms to reach your audience and achieve your desired outcome:
- Strategic Communications
- Signal provides strategic counsel on how to craft innovative communications programs to change behavior, shift opinion, and move markets. We help clients make news or change the narrative—locally, nationally, and globally.
- Public Affairs
- Signal blends policy fluency with a command of public relations to navigate clients through the political and media ecosystems. We create a winning message and build stakeholder support. Our campaigns recalibrate the media climate in our clients’ favor.
- Media Relations
- Signal incorporates comprehensive earned media outreach into our public affairs campaigns and client engagements, targeting the right national and local print publications, online news sites, wire services, TV networks, radio stations, podcasts, blogs, trade media, editorial boards, and columnists so we can reach the right audiences at the right times.
- Digital Media & Strategy
- Signal’s full-service digital team has internal capabilities for producing and executing multichannel digital media services. Our in-house content studio comprises experienced hands that have crafted organic digital strategy, built branding campaigns, and executed paid campaigns at agencies, publishers and consulting firms for candidates and Fortune 100 corporations. We understand good content and what gets shared online – and most importantly, how to accomplish this while advancing your message.
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Through our extensive experience in stakeholder relationship building and coalition maintenance, Signal understands the power of stakeholders and influencers who can amplify your message and multiply your impact. We work with numerous companies and organizations to identify, engage, and activate stakeholders around environmental and conservation policy issues.
- Content Marketing
- Signal creates engaging, valuable, and consistent content for its clients that drive results. We know how to cut through the noise, reach our clients’ key audiences, and make an impact.
- Association Management
- Signal utilizes years of experience leading and building associations to assist our clients in expanding their organization’s influence and create an industry approach to key issues.
- Coalition Building
- Signal uses its deep subject matter experience, supplemented by data-driven analytics, to conduct thorough stakeholder engagement to chart out the landscape and inform partner and donor outreach strategy.
- Strategic Advising
- Signal utilizes its diverse set of skills and experience and deep subject matter expertise to provide strategic council to its clients to reach their goals.
- Regulatory Advisory
- Signal understands the rapidly evolving policy landscape of Washington, DC, and how to impact policy outcomes for our clients.
Our team combines deep subject matter expertise with a collective passion for nature and the outdoors to provide our clients with unparalleled services and results. Whether it’s preparing a strategic communications plan to influence policy or helping clients reach new audiences through paid media, we approach each project with boots on the ground and a clear focus on the trail ahead.
Blake Androff – Managing Director, Co-Chair
Jess McCarron – Vice President
Marcus Frias – Senior Manager
Vincent Sheu – Senior Manager
Jackson Parker – Associate
Megan Fosha – Associate