We’re hiring! Signal Group is searching for the creative, the innovative, and the strategic. We are a community of people who believe – it’s not impossible, it’s exciting. As individuals we are strong. As a team, we are unstoppable. We provide great careers for our teams.
All positions are located in Washington, DC unless otherwise noted.
Vice President, Communications
Signal Group is seeking a communications leader to join our growing Washington, D.C. firm.
Vice President, Communications
A trusted advisor to clients worldwide, Signal delivers develops integrated campaigns to impact businesses outcomes. We build brands, protect reputations, and influence key decision makers in government and beyond through meaningful engagement. Our team counsels CEOs and top executives through complex, front-page issues with passion and creativity.
The vice president plays a key role within Signal’s communications team. The successful candidate will provide counsel, lead integrated account teams across practice areas, and design and implement creative strategies to advance client policy, commercial, and brand objectives. The position also helps generate new clients and opportunities for the firm, playing a vital role in shaping Signal’s future.
The ideal candidate is:
- Ambitious, driven to succeed for your clients
- An outstanding writer, communicator, and leader
- A practitioner who understands the nexus between Washington, the media, and markets
- A seasoned pro who thrives on working collaboratively with others, seamlessly managing multiple constituencies and diverse personalities under strict deadlines
- Contributing value to business development and marketing activities
- Someone who supports skill development and mastery, including your own
- A strategic thinker, problem-solver, and team player
- 7-10 years of previous communications or public affairs work experience, ideally including in an agency setting
- An outstanding command of media management, thought leadership, and digital strategies
- Knows the media and has a voracious appetite for news and information
- Demonstrated experience leading teams, developing strong workplace culture, and mentoring talent
- A desire to work in a fun, fluid, and fast-paced environment
- Experience in health care and/or technology communications a plus
Tell us what you’d bring to the Signal team. Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Vice President, Communications” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Signal Group is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion. Signal does not discriminate in hiring, or in any other respect, on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, personal appearance, political affiliation, marital status, family responsibilities, matriculation, disability, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Executive Vice President
Signal seeks to expand its team with the addition of entrepreneurial, transformative Executive Vice Presidents.
Executive Vice President
SIGNAL seeks to expand its team with the addition of entrepreneurial, transformative Executive Vice Presidents (EVPs) to help build our fast-growing firm by sourcing new clients and growing existing revenue but also working collaboratively with our executive team. Signal’s EVPs are leaders in their respective fields, developing strategies and delivering quality work that advances client priorities. EVP responsibilities include:
- Growth: Identify, cultivate, and close new clients to add to our roster.
- Management: Serve as a counselor and advisor to clients and lead a team to ensure the delivery of quality work that advances client priorities.
- Expansion: Broaden Signal’s expertise and issue area concentrations.
- Accountability: Oversee seamless delivery of the work product, conduct campaigns with effective planning, coordination, and staffing.
- Proven track record of pitches won, bringing in new clients and revenue to the network.
- Inspiring team leaders that are collaborative, energized, and excited about the team’s growth and success.
- Experience managing budgets, driving growth & profitability.
- Maintain gold-standard client relationships.
- Demonstrate the value of integrated public affairs, government relations, and communications services to our clients.
- Possess unmatched energy and competitive spirit… and a tireless desire to win.
Tell us what you’d bring to the Signal team. Contact us: email@example.com Signal Group is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion. Signal does not discriminate in hiring, or in any other respect, on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, personal appearance, political affiliation, marital status, family responsibilities, matriculation, disability, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Our internship program provides unparalleled professional development for individuals eager to add value to our team.
Signal is in the market for driven individuals ready to make an impact. Our internship program provides unparalleled professional development for individuals eager to add value to our team. In return, you’ll be thrust into a lively and engaging environment that will challenge and excite you. Oh, and did we mention free lunch Fridays? Signal prides itself on launching the careers of young professionals and has a long history of hiring interns as full-time members of the team. We host paid advocacy and communications internships over three sessions each year:
- Spring (January – May)
- Summer (June – August)
- Fall (September – December)
All Signal intern positions are full-time Monday through Friday, 9am-6pm. For advocacy positions, those with a political science and/or business backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Capitol Hill experience and knowledge of the legislative process is a plus. For communications positions, the ideal candidate aspires to pursue a career in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or public affairs. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. To apply, please e-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which internship session you are interested in.
Equal employment opportunity is an important and integral part of Signal Group’s philosophy and policy. Signal is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, disability, age, citizen status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signal interns are at will employees.