We’re hiring! Signal Group is searching for the creative, the innovative, and the strategic. We are a community of people who believe – it’s not impossible, it’s exciting. As individuals we are strong. As a team, we are unstoppable. We provide great careers for our teams.
All positions are located in Washington, DC unless otherwise noted.
Executive Vice President
Signal seeks to expand its team with the addition of entrepreneurial, transformative Executive Vice Presidents.
Executive Vice President
SIGNAL seeks to expand its team with the addition of entrepreneurial, transformative Executive Vice Presidents (EVPs) to help build our fast-growing firm by sourcing new clients and growing existing revenue but also working collaboratively with our executive team. Signal’s EVPs are leaders in their respective fields, developing strategies and delivering quality work that advances client priorities. EVP responsibilities include:
- Growth: Identify, cultivate, and close new clients to add to our roster.
- Management: Serve as a counselor and advisor to clients and lead a team to ensure the delivery of quality work that advances client priorities.
- Expansion: Broaden Signal’s expertise and issue area concentrations.
- Accountability: Oversee seamless delivery of the work product, conduct campaigns with effective planning, coordination, and staffing.
- Proven track record of pitches won, bringing in new clients and revenue to the network.
- Inspiring team leaders that are collaborative, energized, and excited about the team’s growth and success.
- Experience managing budgets, driving growth & profitability.
- Maintain gold-standard client relationships.
- Demonstrate the value of integrated public affairs, government relations, and communications services to our clients.
- Possess unmatched energy and competitive spirit… and a tireless desire to win.
Tell us what you’d bring to the Signal team. Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org Signal Group is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion. Signal does not discriminate in hiring, or in any other respect, on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, personal appearance, political affiliation, marital status, family responsibilities, matriculation, disability, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Senior Content Strategist
Signal Group has an opening for a full time Senior Content Strategist
Senior Content Strategist
Signal Group has an opening for a full time Senior Content Strategist to support the expansion of sophisticated digital programs across communication, public affairs, government relations and digital clients. Working directly with clients and executives, the Senior Content Strategist will be key to formulating, executing and managing cross-agency digital campaigns.
The Senior Content Strategist will oversee the direction, production, and overarching strategy for campaigns and content creation for organic and paid media, thought leadership and advocacy. We are looking for someone who has professional experience working directly with both teams and clients and who is creative, curious and excited in executing for our clients.
What We’re Looking For
- 7+ years agency (public affairs, government relations and/or marketing) experience, or equivalent experience in similar roles with corporations, nonprofits or campaigns.
- Strong digital and analytical skills that demonstrate an ability to work with creative teams, but also understand the role of data in crafting and executing campaigns.
- Relevant experience in managing campaigns in strategic communications, public affairs, brand management, crisis response and advocacy plans and goals.
- Demonstrated experience in working with clients to build strong and lasting relationships and operate as day to day internal and/or external client contact.
- A strong interest in staying aware of audience targeting, marketing, content trends, social and engagement strategies and tactics to drive content to key stakeholders.
- Experience and ability to generate ideas and add media strategy to new business proposals and at clients’ requests and ability to work under strict deadlines.
- Apply a creative and analytical mind with the ability to think strategically and develop integrated campaigns working with professionals in a variety of industries.
- Relevant experience and comfort in working with a variety of digital services, such as social listening, display advertising management, and analytics.
The ideal candidate must have exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to learn quickly, multi-task and work well as a part of a fast, smart, and aggressive team. Understanding of client services and expectation management is a necessity.
We are looking for people with demonstrated success leading campaigns from development to execution to optimization and have advanced knowledge of social media and digital advertising best practices, including working knowledge of digital analytics tools, with a focus on interpretation. We need someone who has a strength in creating workflows for managing and collaborating on content creation. It is preferable for them to have basic experience with content management and analysis tools (e.g., Brandwatch, Radian6.)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills (and we mean excellent are essential, but also an ability to think on your feet and make quick, sound decisions grounded in data insights).
7+ years agency experience preferred.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter (we get a lot, so make yours at least interesting to help us to get to know you and your skills) to email@example.com. Please include the subject line, “Senior Content Strategist.”
Communications Senior Manager
Signal Group is seeking a communications senior manager with razor-sharp communications skills, an inherent sense of curiosity and a bold, creative mind to support our corporate communications, brand management, and public affairs practice.
Signal Group is seeking a communications senior manager with razor-sharp communications skills, an inherent sense of curiosity and a bold, creative mind to support our corporate communications, brand management, and public affairs practice. Responsibilities include regular interaction with journalists in a variety of U.S. and international markets, routine senior-level client contact, research and writing, managing development and production of materials to support campaigns across channels, and tracking and updating campaign progress and deadlines.
The Model Candidate:
- You are a bright, engaging self-starter who thrives on collaborating with others
- You’re not waiting for direction, but rather seeking for solutions before being asked or prompted.
- Consistently seek new learning experiences as part of knowledge building
- Can flawlessly execute the day-to-day work while seeking out opportunities to contribute and grow professionally
- Have an impeccable understanding of AP style, are detail-oriented, and diligent with each task
- You effectively work on multiple initiatives with diverse personalities under strict deadlines
- Can build relationships with people at all levels of the organization and across cultures
- Have strong oral and written communication skills, particularly under deadline pressure
- Use research to form insights for client programs and growth opportunities
- Are technology savvy with an understanding of social media, the Microsoft suite and additional tools for the field such as Cision, and TV Eyes
- Have 5+ years of PR agency, in-house, or government communications experience
- Routine reporter engagement is a must, reporter relationships a huge plus
- Interest in and experience in foreign policy and international communications a plus
- A BA, BS in Communications, Public Affairs, Political Science or related field
Tell us what you’d bring to the Signal team. Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Senior Manager” in the subject line.
Signal Group is seeking a Senior Associate to join our advocacy and communications team.
Signal Group is seeking a Senior Associate to join our advocacy and communications team. We’re looking for an experienced, energetic self-starter who loves organizing projects, is a stickler for details, can meet deadlines, and can keep our clients happy by delivering quality service on time.
The selected candidate will assist in providing administrative and strategic support for a broad range of clients focused on financial services, transportation, technology and international affairs.
The Model Candidate:
- You have some Capitol Hill experience and are eager to learn more
- An organized self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Good with prioritizing projects and duties
- Very communicative; ability to discuss projects in weekly staff meetings and with clients
- Coordinate team responsibilities and activities on a weekly basis
- Manage large lists of client policy priorities with daily and weekly updates
- Strong written skills for creating project scopes, requirements, and project update documents
- Draft internal and external communications documents including memoranda, correspondence, op-ed pieces, talking points, and position letters
- Create weekly reports summarizing legislative updates and recent client activity
- Leverage key relationships on Capitol Hill to advance client policy agendas
- Secure meetings with Congress and other key federal officials for client advocacy trips throughout the year
- Secure conference calls with clients, federal officials and staff, and other key stakeholders
- Track, report, and research legislative activity including providing key federal updates
- Attend meetings and events on and off Capitol Hill
- Understand and effectively communicate the federal services that we promote through business development opportunities
- Prepare business development materials and pitch proposals
- Participate in the selection and management of the spring, summer, and fall interns
- Interface directly with clients remotely and in-person
- Preform other responsibilities as necessary
- BA or equivalent in business administration, marketing, communications, or project management
- 1-2 years of experience on Capitol Hill and/or in an advocacy or communications firm
- Solid understanding of legislative process
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and proactive problem-solving skills
- Tenacious about deadlines and meeting milestones
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and can move quickly to initiate and complete projects
Tell us what you’d bring to the Signal team. Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Communications Associate” in the subject line.
Our internship program provides unparalleled professional development for individuals eager to add value to our team.
Signal is in the market for driven individuals ready to make an impact. Our internship program provides unparalleled professional development for individuals eager to add value to our team. In return, you’ll be thrust into a lively and engaging environment that will challenge and excite you. Oh, and did we mention free lunch Fridays? Signal prides itself on launching the careers of young professionals and has a long history of hiring interns as full-time members of the team. We host paid advocacy and communications internships over three sessions each year:
- Spring (January – May)
- Summer (June – August)
- Fall (September – December)
All Signal intern positions are full-time Monday through Friday, 9am-6pm. For advocacy positions, those with a political science and/or business backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Capitol Hill experience and knowledge of the legislative process is a plus. For communications positions, the ideal candidate aspires to pursue a career in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or public affairs. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. To apply, please e-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which internship session you are interested in.